The NiteCore P12 is a responsive and portable tactical flashlight that offers a competiive price considering the features and specifications of the product.
It is often compared with the Fenix PD35. The choice between them is a matter of personal preference - as they hold their own as good tactical flashlights.
NiteCore prides themselves as the leading brand of illumination products and tools. Like Fenix, NiteCore is a Chinese manufacturer who cares about delivering high quality products at a reasonable cost.
The P (Precise) series uses their signature Precision Digital Optics Technology (PDOT) for increased reflector performance. This feature gives their Precise models consistant beam coverage and illuminating targets up to 232 meters.
The P12 NiteCore is perfect for any of the following activities:
- Law Enforcement
- Outdoor or Camping
Special Modes and Light Output: Lumens and Runtime
The P12 NiteCore offers 3 special modes and 4 brightness levels.
- Light output: 1000 lumens
- Maximum Runtime: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Light output: 240 lumens
- Maximum Runtime: 6 hours
- Light output: 7 lumens
- Maximum Runtime: 28 hours
- Light output: 1 lumen
- Maximum Runtime: 520 hours
Note: Maximum runtimes are based on 1 18650 li-on battery. 2 CR123 lithium batteries will provide significantly less.
- Strobe: For defense or emergencies
- SOS: Internationally known distress signal
- Location Beacon: Prevents losing in the dark
NiteCore P12 Battery
The P12 flashlight is compatible with primary CR123 and 18650 li-on rechargeable batteries.
NiteCore P12 Accessories
The P12 NiteCore includes the following accessories:
- Tactical Ring
- Spare Tail Cap and O-ring
What is the P12’s peak beam intensity?
The P12’s maximum beam instensity is 13,500 cd (candela per lumen). It provides great lighting for distances and acts as a spot beam.
NiteCore P12 Price
This particular model is often compared to the PD35. On Amazon, it offers a more competitive price while featuring longer runtimes and similar amount of lumens.
What is the P12’s throw distance?
The NiteCore P12’s maximum throw distance is 232 meters (m).
What LED does the NiteCore P12 use?
The P12 uses a CREE XM-L2 U2 LED with a SMD reflector.
- Reverse polarity protection
- Indicator lights that blink based off the device’s power levels
- Tactical tail switch for momentary illumination
- Side switch for all brightness levels and modes
Dimensions and Durability
How impact resistant is the NiteCore P12?
This tactical flashlight has impact resistance up to 1.5 meters (m).
- Ultra-clear and tough minteral glass with anti reflective coating
- Aero grade aluminum alloy; HAIII military grade hard-anodized finish
- Slot for Titanium-plated clip (included).
- U shaped tailcap
Size and Weight
The P12 weighs only 88 grams without a battery.
- Head diameter: 25.4 mm (1 inch)
- Length: 139 mm (5.47 inches)
- Tail Diameter: 25.4 mm (3.1 oz)
This P series model is very portable and a perfect size for many situations and applications.
Conclusion: Our NiteCore P12 Review
When compared with the Fenix PD35, NiteCore’s P12 model offers a brighter flashlight with greater throw distance at a lower cost.
However, the PD35 offers a more solid and reliable-feeling body that seems like it would last longer. Considering its price, one may opt to buy two to prolong the lifespan of each flashlight.
Overall, the P12 is a great flashlight to go with for any enthusiast and highly suggest you check it out.